Latest topics
» I kind of miss this place
Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:12 pm by NiggerJim

» Make Me Admin
Wed May 25, 2016 10:02 pm by Repp

» First Post of 2015
Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:12 pm by Eddiemeister

» Jewish Minecraft server
Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:35 pm by Eddiemeister

» Naruto ending [No spoilers inside, come in pls]
Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:19 pm by Eddiemeister

» The War Z
Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:46 am by Eddiemeister

» Programmer Interested in reviving this.
Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:45 am by Eddiemeister

» Paint Art
Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:46 am by Eddiemeister

» Shinobi Risings returns!
Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:57 pm by Fayte220


Sorting Hat

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sorting Hat

Post  Teashi on Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:28 pm

Don't be intimidated by the text wall, this should be fun.

Update
Slytherin: 4
Gryffindor: 4
Hufflepuff: 3
Ravenclaw: 1

So, with Deathly Hallows parts 1 and 2, I've really gotten hyped up about Harry Potter.

So here's how this works, I'm going to act as the sorting hat and you're all going to play the students.

All you need to do is honestly list traits of yourself, and I'll give you the House you'd likely belong to. I've done my studying, so I know which traits belong which house.

I also want you to post your response (It may be long or short, but the more descriptive it is, the easier I will be able to House you) to the following situations, in case the traits given are too mixed or aren't enough~ ;3

1) You and your friend are in danger. Your friend is near death, and his/her wand is broken. There is a 50/50 chance that you will die if you try to save him/her, a clear opening for you to save yourself, and a 50/50 chance that you both make it out alive. What do you do? How quickly will you respond?

2) A student in class tosses a crumpled note across the room while the teachers back is turned, intending it to be for the person sitting next to you. However, the teacher turns around as it lands onto your books. The teacher walks about, prepared to scold you: what do you do/say?

3) You're on your way to potions class with two of your friends, when you see several bullies from Slitherin pushing a Ravenclaw student around. You know him/her, and remember that she was 'different'. What do you think of him/her, and how do you respond to the situation?

Answer honestly.

I myself am a Hufflepuff.


Last edited by Teashi on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:30 am; edited 9 times in total

Teashi
Anbu
Anbu

Posts : 437
Join date : 2010-08-21
Age : 23
Location : Illinois

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sorting Hat

Post  Bawb on Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:37 pm

tl;dr
avatar
Bawb
Chuunin
Chuunin

Posts : 200
Join date : 2010-08-19
Age : 104
Location : Christmas Island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sorting Hat

Post  Zaoshi on Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:20 pm

Teashi wrote:1) You and your friend are in danger. Your friend is near death, and his/her wand is broken. There is a 50/50 chance that you will die if you try to save him/her, a clear opening for you to save yourself, and a 50/50 chance that you both make it out alive. What do you do? How quickly will you respond?
50/50 = 1, so there's 100% chance that I will die, but later it states 100% we both survive, question doesn't make any sense.

Teashi wrote:2) A student in class tosses a crumpled note across the room while the teachers back is turned, intending it to be for the person sitting next to you. However, the teacher turns around as it lands onto your books. The teacher walks about, prepared to scold you: what do you do/say?
Depends who's that person next to me, but in most situations I'd say it's not mine.

Teashi wrote:3) You're on your way to potions class with two of your friends, when you see several bullies from Slitherin pushing a Ravenclaw student around. You know him/her, and remember that she was 'different'. What do you think of him/her, and how do you respond to the situation?
If he's my friend I would help, otherwise walk along.
avatar
Zaoshi
Admin
Admin

Posts : 333
Join date : 2010-08-18
Age : 26
Location : Lithuania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sorting Hat

Post  Teashi on Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:24 pm

Zaoshi wrote:
Teashi wrote:1) You and your friend are in danger. Your friend is near death, and his/her wand is broken. There is a 50/50 chance that you will die if you try to save him/her, a clear opening for you to save yourself, and a 50/50 chance that you both make it out alive. What do you do? How quickly will you respond?
50/50 = 1, so there's 100% chance that I will die, but later it states 100% we both survive, question doesn't make any sense.

Teashi wrote:2) A student in class tosses a crumpled note across the room while the teachers back is turned, intending it to be for the person sitting next to you. However, the teacher turns around as it lands onto your books. The teacher walks about, prepared to scold you: what do you do/say?
Depends who's that person next to me, but in most situations I'd say it's not mine.

Teashi wrote:3) You're on your way to potions class with two of your friends, when you see several bullies from Slitherin pushing a Ravenclaw student around. You know him/her, and remember that she was 'different'. What do you think of him/her, and how do you respond to the situation?
If he's my friend I would help, otherwise walk along.

Edit with some traits of yours, if you wouldn't mind. 50/50 means there is a 50% chance, no? That means 50% you will, 50% you won't (I could be typing it wrong, but every time I hear the someone say "fifty fifty" their meaning is 'half').

Teashi
Anbu
Anbu

Posts : 437
Join date : 2010-08-21
Age : 23
Location : Illinois

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sorting Hat

Post  Ice-tea on Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:47 pm

I ish in hufflepuff. I took the 122 question quiz.... ._.

_________________
avatar
Ice-tea
Anbu
Anbu

Posts : 557
Join date : 2010-08-19
Age : 22
Location : the closet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sorting Hat

Post  bitspirit on Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:00 pm

Teashi wrote:
1) You and your friend are in danger. Your friend is near death, and his/her wand is broken. There is a 50/50 chance that you will die if you try to save him/her, a clear opening for you to save yourself, and a 50/50 chance that you both make it out alive. What do you do? How quickly will you respond?

Run in circle screaming probably getting a heart attack

Teashi wrote:
2) A student in class tosses a crumpled note across the room while the teachers back is turned, intending it to be for the person sitting next to you. However, the teacher turns around as it lands onto your books. The teacher walks about, prepared to scold you: what do you do/say?

Wasnt me.

Teashi wrote:
3) You're on your way to potions class with two of your friends, when you see several bullies from Slitherin pushing a Ravenclaw student around. You know him/her, and remember that she was 'different'. What do you think of him/her, and how do you respond to the situation?

If they are gonna beat me up too just pretend i didnt see it but if im stronger than them i guess ill help
avatar
bitspirit
Jounin
Jounin

Posts : 755
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sorting Hat

Post  Eddiemeister on Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:52 pm

1) You and your friend are in danger. Your friend is near death, and his/her wand is broken. There is a 50/50 chance that you will die if you try to save him/her, a clear opening for you to save yourself, and a 50/50 chance that you both make it out alive. What do you do? How quickly will you respond?

Since I wouldn't be able to live with the fact that I abandoned a friend, I'd try to save him/her.


2) A student in class tosses a crumpled note across the room while the teachers back is turned, intending it to be for the person sitting next to you. However, the teacher turns around as it lands onto your books. The teacher walks about, prepared to scold you: what do you do/say?

"Not mine. And even if it was intented for me, I didin't throw it. Does that mean that if I throw a note at you, Sir, I have the right to scold you, even if it's not in your power to NOT have the note thrown at you?"

3) You're on your way to potions class with two of your friends, when you see several bullies from Slitherin pushing a Ravenclaw student around. You know him/her, and remember that she was 'different'. What do you think of him/her, and how do you respond to the situation?

"Stupefy!"
avatar
Eddiemeister
Jounin
Jounin

Posts : 904
Join date : 2010-08-19
Age : 22
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sorting Hat

Post  Teashi on Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:23 am

I was hoping you guys would give some traits too, but this'll have to do... xD

@Bit: The Sorting Hat places you in... Slytherin. Do not think of this as a bad thing, but a good thing. Slytherin is not necessarily evil. You show cunning in avoiding situations you cannot handle, but your responsible side shows up if you know what to do. Your first answer almost got you placed in Hufflepuff.

@Eddie: The Sorting Hat places you in... Gryffindor. You nearly got placed in Hufflepuff for your acts of friendship, however combined with your chivalrous and brave attitude towards saving the Ravenclaw student, without second thought, you were placed in the class of Scarlet and Gold.

Teashi
Anbu
Anbu

Posts : 437
Join date : 2010-08-21
Age : 23
Location : Illinois

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sorting Hat

Post  -|A|- on Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:47 am

-


Last edited by -|A|- on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total

-|A|-
Genin
Genin

Posts : 59
Join date : 2011-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sorting Hat

Post  Toppcom on Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:18 am

mithdia wrote:
Teashi wrote:1) You and your friend are in danger. Your friend is near death, and his/her wand is broken. There is a 50/50 chance that you will die if you try to save him/her, a clear opening for you to save yourself, and a 50/50 chance that you both make it out alive. What do you do? How quickly will you respond?

Avada kedavra immediately and walk away without looking back. Only the strong survive no need to bring along a hindrance is there?

Teashi wrote:2) A student in class tosses a crumpled note across the room while the teachers back is turned, intending it to be for the person sitting next to you. However, the teacher turns around as it lands onto your books. The teacher walks about, prepared to scold you: what do you do/say?

Incendio on the paper and then ask the teacher calmly "What paper are you talking about sir?"

Teashi wrote:3) You're on your way to potions class with two of your friends, when you see several bullies from Slitherin pushing a Ravenclaw student around. You know him/her, and remember that she was 'different'. What do you think of him/her, and how do you respond to the situation?

I wouldn't care I would just walk past it, maybe laugh a little.

i call gryffindor!
avatar
Toppcom
Jounin
Jounin

Posts : 618
Join date : 2010-08-19
Location : Norway

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sorting Hat

Post  Ice-tea on Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:29 am

Toppcom wrote:
mithdia wrote:
Teashi wrote:1) You and your friend are in danger. Your friend is near death, and his/her wand is broken. There is a 50/50 chance that you will die if you try to save him/her, a clear opening for you to save yourself, and a 50/50 chance that you both make it out alive. What do you do? How quickly will you respond?

Avada kedavra immediately and walk away without looking back. Only the strong survive no need to bring along a hindrance is there?

Teashi wrote:2) A student in class tosses a crumpled note across the room while the teachers back is turned, intending it to be for the person sitting next to you. However, the teacher turns around as it lands onto your books. The teacher walks about, prepared to scold you: what do you do/say?

Incendio on the paper and then ask the teacher calmly "What paper are you talking about sir?"

Teashi wrote:3) You're on your way to potions class with two of your friends, when you see several bullies from Slitherin pushing a Ravenclaw student around. You know him/her, and remember that she was 'different'. What do you think of him/her, and how do you respond to the situation?

I wouldn't care I would just walk past it, maybe laugh a little.

i call gryffindor!

Well duh... What else could it be?

_________________
avatar
Ice-tea
Anbu
Anbu

Posts : 557
Join date : 2010-08-19
Age : 22
Location : the closet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sorting Hat

Post  bitspirit on Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:52 am

Ice-tea wrote:
Toppcom wrote:
mithdia wrote:
Teashi wrote:1) You and your friend are in danger. Your friend is near death, and his/her wand is broken. There is a 50/50 chance that you will die if you try to save him/her, a clear opening for you to save yourself, and a 50/50 chance that you both make it out alive. What do you do? How quickly will you respond?

Avada kedavra immediately and walk away without looking back. Only the strong survive no need to bring along a hindrance is there?

Teashi wrote:2) A student in class tosses a crumpled note across the room while the teachers back is turned, intending it to be for the person sitting next to you. However, the teacher turns around as it lands onto your books. The teacher walks about, prepared to scold you: what do you do/say?

Incendio on the paper and then ask the teacher calmly "What paper are you talking about sir?"

Teashi wrote:3) You're on your way to potions class with two of your friends, when you see several bullies from Slitherin pushing a Ravenclaw student around. You know him/her, and remember that she was 'different'. What do you think of him/her, and how do you respond to the situation?

I wouldn't care I would just walk past it, maybe laugh a little.

i call gryffindor!

Well duh... What else could it be?

Obviously
avatar
bitspirit
Jounin
Jounin

Posts : 755
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sorting Hat

Post  Eddiemeister on Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:00 am

bitspirit wrote:
Ice-tea wrote:
Toppcom wrote:
mithdia wrote:
Teashi wrote:1) You and your friend are in danger. Your friend is near death, and his/her wand is broken. There is a 50/50 chance that you will die if you try to save him/her, a clear opening for you to save yourself, and a 50/50 chance that you both make it out alive. What do you do? How quickly will you respond?

Avada kedavra immediately and walk away without looking back. Only the strong survive no need to bring along a hindrance is there?

Teashi wrote:2) A student in class tosses a crumpled note across the room while the teachers back is turned, intending it to be for the person sitting next to you. However, the teacher turns around as it lands onto your books. The teacher walks about, prepared to scold you: what do you do/say?

Incendio on the paper and then ask the teacher calmly "What paper are you talking about sir?"

Teashi wrote:3) You're on your way to potions class with two of your friends, when you see several bullies from Slitherin pushing a Ravenclaw student around. You know him/her, and remember that she was 'different'. What do you think of him/her, and how do you respond to the situation?

I wouldn't care I would just walk past it, maybe laugh a little.

i call gryffindor!

Well duh... What else could it be?

Obviously

HAHAHAAH! Gryffindor.. Yeah right XD!
avatar
Eddiemeister
Jounin
Jounin

Posts : 904
Join date : 2010-08-19
Age : 22
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sorting Hat

Post  Teashi on Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:35 am

@Mithidia: The Sorting Hat places you in... Slytherin! However, unlike Bitspirit, you were placed in Slytherin for your inability to see the importance in others, and for your self-preservation.

Edit; forgot Ripiz.
@Ripiz: The Sorting Hat places you in... Ravenclaw! Noting your response to my mistakes in the first situation, you've shown intelligence. You also do not act up unless provoked, thus placing you in the calm and smart class of Blue and Silver!

Teashi
Anbu
Anbu

Posts : 437
Join date : 2010-08-21
Age : 23
Location : Illinois

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sorting Hat

Post  -|A|- on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:31 pm

-


Last edited by -|A|- on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total

-|A|-
Genin
Genin

Posts : 59
Join date : 2011-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sorting Hat

Post  Izuru on Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:15 pm

Teashi wrote:1) You and your friend are in danger. Your friend is near death, and his/her wand is broken. There is a 50/50 chance that you will die if you try to save him/her, a clear opening for you to save yourself, and a 50/50 chance that you both make it out alive. What do you do? How quickly will you respond?
The odds are against me so i would not think about it too long but i wouldn't rush in either.It all depends on the situation,if we were fighting a wizard i would use Obliviate to erase his memory of this event,if it was very bad i would leave,whats the point of sacrificing myself if he has a broken wand,he will die anyway.

Teashi wrote:2) A student in class tosses a crumpled note across the room while the teachers back is turned, intending it to be for the person sitting next to you. However, the teacher turns around as it lands onto your books. The teacher walks about, prepared to scold you: what do you do/say?
Can you prove it was intended for me?

Teashi wrote:3) You're on your way to potions class with two of your friends, when you see several bullies from Slitherin pushing a Ravenclaw student around. You know him/her, and remember that she was 'different'. What do you think of him/her, and how do you respond to the situation?
I would talk to them until i see a teacher,then i would provoke them into attacking me.The teacher sees them and they get in trouble.
avatar
Izuru
Genin
Genin

Posts : 117
Join date : 2010-08-19
Age : 20
Location : Konoha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sorting Hat

Post  Ice-tea on Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:01 am

Teashi wrote:
Update
Slytherin: 2
Gryffindor: 1
Hufflepuff: 2
Ravenclaw: 1

GO HUFFLEPUFF D:<
Add me there plz? Or MUST I take the quiz? I took the 122 question one >_<

_________________
avatar
Ice-tea
Anbu
Anbu

Posts : 557
Join date : 2010-08-19
Age : 22
Location : the closet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sorting Hat

Post  bitspirit on Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:27 am

Ice-tea wrote:
Teashi wrote:
Update
Slytherin: 2
Gryffindor: 1
Hufflepuff: 2
Ravenclaw: 1

GO HUFFLEPUFF D:<
Add me there plz? Or MUST I take the quiz? I took the 122 question one >_<

Take the quiz Sweat
avatar
bitspirit
Jounin
Jounin

Posts : 755
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sorting Hat

Post  Ice-tea on Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:30 am

bitspirit wrote:
Ice-tea wrote:
Teashi wrote:
Update
Slytherin: 2
Gryffindor: 1
Hufflepuff: 2
Ravenclaw: 1

GO HUFFLEPUFF D:<
Add me there plz? Or MUST I take the quiz? I took the 122 question one >_<

Take the quiz Sweat

But I'm lazy ._.
Oh well

_________________
avatar
Ice-tea
Anbu
Anbu

Posts : 557
Join date : 2010-08-19
Age : 22
Location : the closet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sorting Hat

Post  Teashi on Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:35 am

@Icetea: I did add you, thus 2 :3 You and mwah. Other than us, no one has really scored Hufflepuff yet xD

@Izuru: The Sorting Hat places you in... Slytherin! You were nearly placed in Ravenclaw for your intelligence in each situation, however your acts of cunning and self-preservation in the first and third situation got you a green mark.

Teashi
Anbu
Anbu

Posts : 437
Join date : 2010-08-21
Age : 23
Location : Illinois

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sorting Hat

Post  Alucard on Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:46 am

Teashi wrote:1) You and your friend are in danger. Your friend is near death, and his/her wand is broken. There is a 50/50 chance that you will die if you try to save him/her, a clear opening for you to save yourself, and a 50/50 chance that you both make it out alive. What do you do? How quickly will you respond?
I might die by saving him and he's near death.
There would be no point of me trying to save him. If I died trying to save him, we'll both die. And that's a loss.

Teashi wrote:2) A student in class tosses a crumpled note across the room while the teachers back is turned, intending it to be for the person sitting next to you. However, the teacher turns around as it lands onto your books. The teacher walks about, prepared to scold you: what do you do/say?
"You have no right to scold me. You don't know if I intended to throw it, or if it was thrown to me. Get the scene right then take action."

Teashi wrote:3) You're on your way to potions class with two of your friends, when you see several bullies from Slitherin pushing a Ravenclaw student around. You know him/her, and remember that she was 'different'. What do you think of him/her, and how do you respond to the situation?
If I knew that member, I would step up.
Otherwise I have no reason to get involved.

Alucard
Anbu
Anbu

Posts : 545
Join date : 2010-08-20
Age : 23
Location : London, UK.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sorting Hat

Post  Ice-tea on Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:15 am

Teashi wrote:@Icetea: I did add you, thus 2 :3 You and mwah. Other than us, no one has really scored Hufflepuff yet xD

HUFFLEPUFF PRIDE!

_________________
avatar
Ice-tea
Anbu
Anbu

Posts : 557
Join date : 2010-08-19
Age : 22
Location : the closet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sorting Hat

Post  bitspirit on Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:38 am

Ice-tea wrote:
Teashi wrote:@Icetea: I did add you, thus 2 :3 You and mwah. Other than us, no one has really scored Hufflepuff yet xD

HUFFLEPUFF PRIDE!

avatar
bitspirit
Jounin
Jounin

Posts : 755
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sorting Hat

Post  Teashi on Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:29 am

@Alucard: The Sorting Hat places you in... Gryffindor! Your leader-like actions in situations one and two has given you a clear show of bravery against a few obstacles, while your choice in the third situation shows you have reason.

@Icetea: YES! Hufflepuffs are secretly the best <3

Teashi
Anbu
Anbu

Posts : 437
Join date : 2010-08-21
Age : 23
Location : Illinois

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sorting Hat

Post  Eddiemeister on Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:23 am

Teashi wrote:@Alucard: The Sorting Hat places you in... Gryffindor! Your leader-like actions in situations one and two has given you a clear show of bravery against a few obstacles, while your choice in the third situation shows you have reason.

@Icetea: YES! Hufflepuffs are secretly the best <3

Would a brave and courageous friend leave a friend in need, even if he'd risk his own life?

And would he be brave and courageous if he'd leave someone being bullied?

You sir, are a bad hat.
avatar
Eddiemeister
Jounin
Jounin

Posts : 904
Join date : 2010-08-19
Age : 22
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sorting Hat

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum