Shinobi Wars Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» I kind of miss this place
Close, Nearby, Far combat system EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 5:53 am by Eddiemeister

» Make Me Admin
Close, Nearby, Far combat system EmptyWed May 25, 2016 10:02 pm by Repp

» First Post of 2015
Close, Nearby, Far combat system EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 3:12 pm by Eddiemeister

» Jewish Minecraft server
Close, Nearby, Far combat system EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 10:35 pm by Eddiemeister

» Naruto ending [No spoilers inside, come in pls]
Close, Nearby, Far combat system EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 11:19 pm by Eddiemeister

» The War Z
Close, Nearby, Far combat system EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 5:46 am by Eddiemeister

» Programmer Interested in reviving this.
Close, Nearby, Far combat system EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 5:45 am by Eddiemeister

» Paint Art
Close, Nearby, Far combat system EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 4:46 am by Eddiemeister

» Shinobi Risings returns!
Close, Nearby, Far combat system EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 11:57 pm by Fayte220

Close, Nearby, Far combat system

5 posters

Go down

Close, Nearby, Far combat system Empty Close, Nearby, Far combat system

Post  Wrongfire Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:37 pm

My major worry for melee combat is tied to the speed of the player. The ninjas are moving REALLY fast so any moving attacks would be hard to land on another ninja.
So one thing you can do is have combat that takes distance into account with a lock on system.

Imagine 3 radius's around the player. The close radius, the medium radius and the far radius.
Melee attacking in the far radius when make your character start throwing ranged weapons, or doing basic chakra ranged attacks, the player could even change what attacks they do.
This would work for higher leveled players, it would make the attack button from long range do low level ranged jutsus, without using hotkeys.
As the player moves into the medium range the melee attack button can become one of several things.
One thing would be a rush-to attack that sends the player homing into their locked on opponent with a somewhat powerful attack.
Like a sasuke like character would dash into the enemy and when he gets close enough he does a moderate attack with his sword. The player would then close into his close ranged arsenal
Which would be sort of like Ultimate ninjas system. button mash and directions to change stuff up. A 'stop' button would be nice too. To make the character stop anything they are doing immediately. So people don't get locked into melee attacks and stuff.

Each radius would have its own hotbar with their own hotkey setups, allowing a very dynamic jutsu set up.
Wrongfire
Wrongfire
Genin
Genin

Back to top Go down

Close, Nearby, Far combat system Empty Re: Close, Nearby, Far combat system

Post  Eddiemeister Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:51 pm

You mean that the action/hotkey bar would change depending on the opponents distance? I myself think that all of this should happen in the players brain, to estimate which attacks that will work well for the given distance to the opponent. Not that some computer will change your hotkeys depending on your opponents position.

I might have misunderstood you, correct me if I did.
Eddiemeister
Eddiemeister
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wrongfire Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:57 pm

Well you could still assing your hotkeys to whatever skill you wanted.
The idea is that you could turn your 'far' attacks, which use the melee button, into attacks that actually make sense to use from far away.
Why would the ninja punch thin air? It would make your melee attack button always have a purpose. Instead of almost every other game where its a useless button except up close.

The point of the hotbar changing based on how far you are away is so that you don't have 4014 hotbars on screen at once for all your different skills.
You can have all your ranged jutsus and attacks assigned to your 'far' hotbar, and all your close ranged taijutsu attacks on your 'close' hotbar.
Its more immersive and keeps the screen less cluttered.
Wrongfire
Wrongfire
Genin
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddiemeister Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:05 pm

.. but hitting automatically isn't what one would expect in a skill-based game. If you don't want to swing in thin air, don't. Learn to hit. That way skill and experience in the game also counts.

Altho I do get your point, you want the melee button to be useful at any range. It could easily be fixed by scrolling between weapons. If your opponent runs, you use the scroll button and change weapon from MELEE (fists, swords, maces, dildos, whatever) to KUNAI. Or SHURIKEN. Or whatever. Then you throw the weapons by using the melee button, left mouse button. And if they close in, you scroll once or twice and change WEAPON. Not jutsu or skill, but weapon. We would still need the actionbar, ofc.
Eddiemeister
Eddiemeister
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Toppcom Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:07 pm

If so the hotbar should be changed by the player themselves. There could be some GUI that says how far away your opponent is, and what setting your hotbar is on.
Toppcom
Toppcom
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wrongfire Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:09 pm

Yeh, letting the player control what jutsus are used for each ranged should definitely be apart of it.
The gui could just be 3 circles that are within each other.
Wrongfire
Wrongfire
Genin
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post  bitspirit Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:02 pm

Maybe give a look at NNK shaun said nnk is an inspiration and i believe theyr combat system would fit nicely in this game the ninjas dont move too fast and there are jutsus that will bind them in place like water prison kakashis dog summons ice block alot of stuff and there are jutsus that will launch you directly at your opponent performing some kickass taijutsu combo
bitspirit
bitspirit
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wrongfire Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:11 pm

bitspirit wrote:Maybe give a look at NNK shaun said nnk is an inspiration and i believe theyr combat system would fit nicely in this game the ninjas dont move too fast and there are jutsus that will bind them in place like water prison kakashis dog summons ice block alot of stuff and there are jutsus that will launch you directly at your opponent performing some kickass taijutsu combo

Thats actually a game that I think isn't doing melee combat very well. lol just imo
You need some sort of auto-move-to-enemy thing.
Like in ultimate ninja storm how pressing A twice jumps towards the enemy, or how Y plus A dashes towards them.
Its reaaaallly convenient.
Wrongfire
Wrongfire
Genin
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post  bitspirit Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:13 pm

Idk it looks fine to me
bitspirit
bitspirit
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddiemeister Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:19 pm

Wrongfire wrote:
bitspirit wrote:Maybe give a look at NNK shaun said nnk is an inspiration and i believe theyr combat system would fit nicely in this game the ninjas dont move too fast and there are jutsus that will bind them in place like water prison kakashis dog summons ice block alot of stuff and there are jutsus that will launch you directly at your opponent performing some kickass taijutsu combo

Thats actually a game that I think isn't doing melee combat very well. lol just imo
Like in ultimate ninja storm how pressing A twice jumps towards the enemy, or how Y plus A dashes towards them.

I like how NNK forces you to target the enemy manually. That's something I'd like to see in SWO.

What I HATE about NNK is that the fighting is like in Runescape. You hit 5 times, then you get hit 5 times. Back and forward it continues. Fked up boring.
Eddiemeister
Eddiemeister
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  bitspirit Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:45 pm

Eddiemeister wrote:
Wrongfire wrote:

I like how NNK forces you to target the enemy manually. That's something I'd like to see in SWO.

What I HATE about NNK is that the fighting is like in Runescape. You hit 5 times, then you get hit 5 times. Back and forward it continues. Fked up boring.

not true one time i made 45 hit combo you just need to know how to do it .Example you hit 5 times he tries to hit you you use the log jutus hit another 5 times jump back throw some kunais and shurikens use a jutsu or 2 and so on

Last edited by bitspirit on Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
bitspirit
bitspirit
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddiemeister Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:07 pm

Okay. Maybe so. But it still gets boring. Also the log replacement in NNK is really retarded.
Eddiemeister
Eddiemeister
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  ZabuzaSoul Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:05 pm

Circles with 3 different strong colors that would change by range. As for the melee combat:
- For instance, if you had a kunai in hand and say get from Mid-Range to Close it shouldn't throw the Kunai but instead use it as a melee weapon.
- Far range should have Far range jutsus only (going with Wongfie's thoughts)
- Binding jutsus should be Mid-Range
- Close Range cannot have Jutsus like Fireball but instead a Dragon's Breath Jutsu
- Even not being a Tai user, Close Range should be all about Tai with some exceptions

ZabuzaSoul
ZabuzaSoul
Genin
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down