Shinobi Wars Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» I kind of miss this place
Stereotypes EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 5:53 am by Eddiemeister

» Make Me Admin
Stereotypes EmptyWed May 25, 2016 10:02 pm by Repp

» First Post of 2015
Stereotypes EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 3:12 pm by Eddiemeister

» Jewish Minecraft server
Stereotypes EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 10:35 pm by Eddiemeister

» Naruto ending [No spoilers inside, come in pls]
Stereotypes EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 11:19 pm by Eddiemeister

» The War Z
Stereotypes EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 5:46 am by Eddiemeister

» Programmer Interested in reviving this.
Stereotypes EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 5:45 am by Eddiemeister

» Paint Art
Stereotypes EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 4:46 am by Eddiemeister

» Shinobi Risings returns!
Stereotypes EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 11:57 pm by Fayte220

Stereotypes

+6
ZabuzaSoul
Toppcom
Eddiemeister
NiggerJim
Fuck Yea
Teashi
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stereotypes Empty Stereotypes

Post  Teashi Sun May 22, 2011 6:42 am

This isn't an argument about stereotypes themselves, its about whether or not there can be different types of a stereotype throughout different countries.

For example: "American Nerds" vs. "British Nerds"

Joninja was saying that there is a difference there. What I'm saying is that there is NOT. Nerd itself is a stereotype and a clique, and it doesn't matter where you are; it will always be the same. His argument was that British nerds drink tea and have an accent whilst American nerds play video games and dungeons and dragons.

Fail. All he managed to prove was that the nerds in England also have the British Stereotype applied to them, in in saying that he also rudely stereotyped American nerds as if they ALL play video games and dungeons and dragons. To me, a stereotype will be the same no matter where you go.

Discuss. What do you think?

Teashi
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Stereotypes Empty Re: Stereotypes

Post  Fuck Yea Sun May 22, 2011 6:50 am

nerds is the same thing, and can mean a lot of things(like plays games all the time, uses computer all the time, etc...)
Fuck Yea
Fuck Yea
Admin
Admin

http://marksgraveyard.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  NiggerJim Sun May 22, 2011 6:51 am

Teashi wrote:This isn't an argument about stereotypes themselves, its about whether or not there can be different types of a stereotype throughout different countries.

Joninja was saying that there is a difference there. What I'm saying is that there is NOT. Nerd itself is a stereotype and a clique, and it doesn't matter where you are; it will always be the same. His argument was that British nerds drink tea and have an accent whilst American nerds play video games and dungeons and dragons.

Fail. All he managed to prove was that the nerds in England also have the British Stereotype applied to them, in in saying that he also rudely stereotyped American nerds as if they ALL play video games and dungeons and dragons. To me, a stereotype will be the same no matter where you go.

Well infact I corrected myself when I said ddo and said I meant d and d first of all then I went on to say about the stereotypical american nerd fantasised over a cheerleader and I said the american nerd stereotype was that they played d and d not that all american nerd pay d and d. Get it right mate.
NiggerJim
NiggerJim
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuck Yea Sun May 22, 2011 6:58 am

Joninga wrote:
Teashi wrote:This isn't an argument about stereotypes themselves, its about whether or not there can be different types of a stereotype throughout different countries.

Well infact I corrected myself when I said ddo and said I meant d and d first of all then I went on to say about the stereotypical american nerd fantasised over a cheerleader and I said the american nerd stereotype was that they played d and d not that all american nerd pay d and d. Get it right mate.
LOL, what???
Fuck Yea
Fuck Yea
Admin
Admin

http://marksgraveyard.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Teashi Sun May 22, 2011 7:02 am

Joninga wrote:

I do have it right. I never said ddo, I said d and d.

I'm sure the British nerd goes for the hot girls too, you never said what the British nerds go for. And yes, I'm fully aware that you meant the stereotype, I said that you stereotyped (in the chatbox) all nerds as playing video games and d and d. There is more than one kind of nerd, you know.

Teashi
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  NiggerJim Sun May 22, 2011 7:16 am

Teashi wrote:
Joninga wrote:

I'm sure the British nerd goes for the hot girls too, you never said what the British nerds go for. And yes, I'm fully aware that you meant the stereotype, I said that you stereotyped (in the chatbox) all nerds as playing video games and d and d. There is more than one kind of nerd, you know.
no you don't have it right as you got the idea of them playing video games from when I said ddo on the cbox.And british nerds don't go for cheerleaders as there are none in britain.And I didn't say all nerds do this or that or so on I said that the stereotype was that they did that.Just cos it is the stereotype doesn't mean they all do it.
NiggerJim
NiggerJim
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teashi Sun May 22, 2011 7:35 am

Joninga wrote:
Teashi wrote:
Joninga wrote:

no you don't have it right as you got the idea of them playing video games from when I said ddo on the cbox.And british nerds don't go for cheerleaders as there are none in britain.And I didn't say all nerds do this or that or so on I said that the stereotype was that they did that.Just cos it is the stereotype doesn't mean they all do it.

Well, either way. The point is that what you're saying is that there is a big difference between nerds of different countries. There is not, the differences that ARE there are only because of the country you're living it. They have nothing to do with the stereotype itself.

Teashi
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  NiggerJim Sun May 22, 2011 8:05 am

Teashi wrote:
Joninga wrote:
Teashi wrote:
Joninga wrote:

Well, either way. The point is that what you're saying is that there is a big difference between nerds of different countries. There is not, the differences that ARE there are only because of the country you're living it. They have nothing to do with the stereotype itself.
so (stereo typical )korean nerds play starcraft only because korea is a starcraft kind of place ?
NiggerJim
NiggerJim
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teashi Sun May 22, 2011 8:38 am

Joninga wrote:
Teashi wrote:
Joninga wrote:
Teashi wrote:
Joninga wrote:

so (stereo typical )korean nerds play starcraft only because korea is a starcraft kind of place ?

According to you, yes. According to me, no. Thats a stereotype here too.

Teashi
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  NiggerJim Sun May 22, 2011 4:50 pm

Teashi wrote:
Joninga wrote:
Teashi wrote:
Joninga wrote:
Teashi wrote:
Joninga wrote:

According to you, yes. According to me, no. Thats a stereotype here too.
no its according to you as you said that is only according to where you live that you get different type of nerd stereotype.
NiggerJim
NiggerJim
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddiemeister Sun May 22, 2011 5:23 pm

Joninga wrote:

And you should learn how to write proper arguments.. I dun understand shit.
Eddiemeister
Eddiemeister
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Toppcom Sun May 22, 2011 8:08 pm

Why are you discussing stereotypes anyways?
Toppcom
Toppcom
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  ZabuzaSoul Sun May 22, 2011 8:34 pm

A real stereotype difference is this: Niggaz here(Europe) don't pop caps in peoples arses nor eat chicken and watermelon all the time.
ZabuzaSoul
ZabuzaSoul
Genin
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post  NiggerJim Mon May 23, 2011 12:10 am

Eddiemeister wrote:
Joninga wrote:

Dont blame me if you cant understand. And you would understand ass you barged in to the conversation. Just scrape out
NiggerJim
NiggerJim
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teashi Mon May 23, 2011 2:18 am

Joninga wrote:
Eddiemeister wrote:
Joninga wrote:

Dont blame me if you cant understand. And you would understand ass you barged in to the conversation. Just scrape out

LOL. Jo is trying to turn this around on me.

Dumbshit you're the one who said stereotypes change depending on the country you're in

Teashi
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Bawb Mon May 23, 2011 2:31 am

Nice walls of text, Joninja.
Bawb
Bawb
Chuunin
Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post  NiggerJim Mon May 23, 2011 2:39 am

Bawb wrote:Nice walls of text, Joninja.
Yeah, my best achievement.

Teashi wrote:
Joninga wrote:
Eddiemeister wrote:
Joninga wrote:

LOL. Jo is trying to turn this around on me.

Dumbshit you're the one who said stereotypes change depending on the country you're in
Lol calling me dumbshit don't get emotional.I did say stereotypes changed depending on the country but you said that that was only cos everyone in the country was like that, not just the nerds.Try and remember what you say mate.

~ no double posts please.
NiggerJim
NiggerJim
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddiemeister Mon May 23, 2011 3:12 am

Jo, your point being? He countered your arguement and u act as if you've won XD?
Eddiemeister
Eddiemeister
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  NiggerJim Mon May 23, 2011 3:18 am

Eddiemeister wrote:Jo, your point being? He countered your arguement and u act as if you've won XD?
Do you even know what is going on ? Smile
NiggerJim
NiggerJim
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  DaniEsteiro Mon May 23, 2011 5:23 am

both nerds are the same, but they pronunciate differently

DaniEsteiro
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Teashi Mon May 23, 2011 6:46 am

Joninga wrote:
Lol calling me dumbshit don't get emotional.I did say stereotypes changed depending on the country but you said that that was only cos everyone in the country was like that, not just the nerds.Try and remember what you say mate.[/quote]

LolJoistryingotturnmyownargumentonme.

I'm get emotional. And I didn't say everyone in the country was like that. I said stereotypes don't change in different countries, the only thing that changes are the minor things like what they drink, which don't count.

Teashi
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  NiggerJim Mon May 23, 2011 3:39 pm

Teashi wrote:
Joninga wrote:
Lol calling me dumbshit don't get emotional.I did say stereotypes changed depending on the country but you said that that was only cos everyone in the country was like that, not just the nerds.Try and remember what you say mate.

LolJoistryingotturnmyownargumentonme.

I'm get emotional. And I didn't say everyone in the country was like that. I said stereotypes don't change in different countries, the only thing that changes are the minor things like what they drink, which don't count.[/quote]Who's to say how minor a thing is before it stops counting.
NiggerJim
NiggerJim
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teashi Mon May 23, 2011 9:02 pm

Loldon'tbotherI'mdonewiththisthread.

Teashi
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Toppcom Mon May 23, 2011 9:44 pm

Geez... nowifinalyunderstandhowirritatingitistoreadstuffwithoutspaces...
Toppcom
Toppcom
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  bitspirit Mon May 23, 2011 11:08 pm

Toppcom wrote:Geez... nowifinalyunderstandhowirritatingitistoreadstuffwithoutspaces...

Orhowirritatingitistohavefoodstuckinthespacesbetweenyourteeth
bitspirit
bitspirit
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: