Shinobi Wars Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» I kind of miss this place
Injuries Effect EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 5:53 am by Eddiemeister

» Make Me Admin
Injuries Effect EmptyWed May 25, 2016 10:02 pm by Repp

» First Post of 2015
Injuries Effect EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 3:12 pm by Eddiemeister

» Jewish Minecraft server
Injuries Effect EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 10:35 pm by Eddiemeister

» Naruto ending [No spoilers inside, come in pls]
Injuries Effect EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 11:19 pm by Eddiemeister

» The War Z
Injuries Effect EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 5:46 am by Eddiemeister

» Programmer Interested in reviving this.
Injuries Effect EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 5:45 am by Eddiemeister

» Paint Art
Injuries Effect EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 4:46 am by Eddiemeister

» Shinobi Risings returns!
Injuries Effect EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 11:57 pm by Fayte220

Injuries Effect

+5
Dein
Eddiemeister
bitspirit
kimphoe
Alucard
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Injuries Effect Empty Injuries Effect

Post  Alucard Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:06 am

When taking damage, the player should move-about slower since they're wounded.
  • Lets say a player has 15% health left, I believe there should be some side effects, you can't walk around dandy with all that damage.

That doesn't make all the injuries effect the same though.
  • A shuriken/kunai to the leg would make a player run slower & of course decrease health.
  • Though a punch to the stomach just decreases health for example.

But then there is also the stamina factor, sometimes in Naruto, when a person is severely injured, they can still fight/run normally, since they have an ability like, for example;
  • Naruto's Kyuubi power when reaching a certain low health, giving him power & energy.
  • Equipment making the player take less damage & less side effects.

Another cool thing which helps in regenerating health; increasing the injured players chance of survival againt the stronger opponent, is;
  • An injured player regenerating while hiding. Like 2HP per (whatever number of second(s)) A lot of games use this regenerating system. Take Runescape as an example.

Just thought that this idea gives a little spice to the gameplay. Not to mention that it requires strategy before killing an enemy. Hope it's possible to do in-game though, lol.

Last edited by Alucard on Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:37 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Another Suggestion Added)

Alucard
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Injuries Effect Empty Re: Injuries Effect

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:21 am

Alucard wrote:When taking damage, the player should move-about slower since they're wounded.
  • Lets say a player has 15% health left, I believe there should be some side effects, you can't walk around dandy with all that damage.

That doesn't make all the injuries effect the same though.
  • A shuriken/kunai to the leg would make a player run slower & of course decrease health.
  • Though a punch to the stomach just decreases health for example.

But then there is also the stamina factor, sometimes in Naruto, when a person is severely injured, they can still fight/run normally, since they have an ability like, for example;
  • Naruto's Kyuubi power when reaching a certain low health, giving him power & energy.

Just thought that this idea gives a little spice to the gameplay. Not to mention that it requires strategy before killing an enemy. Hope it's possible to do in-game though, lol.

Heh

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kimphoe Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:30 am

I don't think this is a good system, you should be able to give it your best all the time! Very Happy
kimphoe
kimphoe
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  bitspirit Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:54 am

kimphoe wrote:I don't think this is a good system, you should be able to give it your best all the time! Very Happy

Ill have to agree i mean being at 15% hp agains a oponent at 100% hp is a big enough disadvantage.But even so you will have a chance if you have more skills and give it your best as kim said.
bitspirit
bitspirit
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alucard Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:13 am

bitspirit wrote:
kimphoe wrote:I don't think this is a good system, you should be able to give it your best all the time! Very Happy

Ill have to agree i mean being at 15% hp agains a oponent at 100% hp is a big enough disadvantage.But even so you will have a chance if you have more skills and give it your best as kim said.
True point there.
Nevertheless, I did mention that a player can have special abilities.
Not to mention the if there's a medicine with the player, they can heal themselves; which boosts the players health.

Also, injured players can make a run for it. It all falls down to strategy once again.
Just mashing buttons to kill your enemy is bland. A 'new & unique' system should be made in my opinion.
------

Another cool thing which helps in regenerating health; increasing the injured players chance of survival againt the stronger opponent, is if the injured player, while hiding, regenerates. For example, 2HP per(whatever number of second(s))
A lot of games use this regenerating system. Take Runescape as an example.

Alucard
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  bitspirit Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:27 am

True point there.
Not to mention the if there's a medicine with the player, they can heal themselves; which boosts the players health.

Also, injured players can make a run for it. It all falls down to strategy once again.
Just mashing buttons to kill your enemy is bland. A 'new & unique' system should be made in my opinion.
------

Another cool thing which helps in regenerating health; increasing the injured players chance of survival againt the stronger opponent, is if the injured player, while hiding, regenerates. For example, 2HP per(whatever number of second(s))

I see what you mean now that i give it another look it actualy does seem like a good idea and the reg sys too it would be nice to have one like when your out of combat you get a natural x% hp per sec and some abilities and equipment can impove this.
bitspirit
bitspirit
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  kimphoe Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:43 am

I feel like this won't work at all. It will be like; I'm down at 15%, I'm dead...

I think the death moment shouldn't be before you're down at 0! Wink
kimphoe
kimphoe
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Alucard Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:46 am

bitspirit wrote:
True point there.

------

I see what you mean now that i give it another look it actualy does seem like a good idea and the reg sys too it would be nice to have one like when your out of combat you get a natural x% hp per sec and some abilities and equipment can impove this.
Added the bold word to the suggestion Very Happy cheers for mentioning it.
& totally.
kimphoe wrote:I feel like this won't work at all. It will be like; I'm down at 15%, I'm dead...

I think the death moment shouldn't be before you're down at 0! Wink
Consider this example, Taijutsu player againt a Ninjutsu player.
Taijutsu players regularly have more stamina, thus making them way too fast.
Unlike other fighting classes. & when the Taijutsu players health is low, it decreases his speed, making it a fair match with equal speed.

Even if the Ninjutsu player was injured as well, the speed decreasing at low health, doesn't make the player tremendously slow that a snail would be fast, lol, it just makes the stamina bar fill up slower than a healither player.
And I did mention above that this problem could be solved if a player can carry around medicine or regenate while hiding.

Alucard
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  kimphoe Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:53 am

Alucard wrote:And I did mention above that this problem could be solved if a player can carry around medicine or regenate while hiding.
I see where you're going with this, it would become really boring that everytime you're out leveling you're movementspeed decreases. I rather just run around unaffected! ;D
kimphoe
kimphoe
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Alucard Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:59 am

kimphoe wrote:
Alucard wrote:And I did mention above that this problem could be solved if a player can carry around medicine or regenate while hiding.
I see where you're going with this, it would become really boring that everytime you're out leveling you're movementspeed decreases. I rather just run around unaffected! ;D
Regenerating at low speed is only caused by low health.
& either way, there already is a stamina bar in-game, & it will decrease while training obviously.

Although if you're fighting with enemies to level up, then the regenerating ever second would be something quite useful. Not to mention that who goes out to train without carrying medicine or something?

Alucard
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddiemeister Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:00 am

1st: I like it. Realistic is always nice.

2nd: Might be too complicated. The game would have to recognize the hits which probably would cause LOTS of work.

3rd: Never stop creating fancy threads. Great grammar, different text-style; awesome.

Edit: Also, if a blow to the leg would decrease your speed 75% damage to your arm wouldn't, cus you can run fast armless. Although, it would ruin your balance. Putting in a ruined balance system would also be awesome. And if we're gonna be pecky, tell me, what would a katana through the spine mean Very Happy ?

Glad to see you back. You were inactive for quite a while.
Eddiemeister
Eddiemeister
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dein Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:42 am

I think this system should be implimented. It will mean that missions and wars will be better as their will be plans, instead of just mindless killing, as you have to consider what will happen after the battle, and if you will have enough power left to fight another battle should you be faced with one. And of course, it adds more realism to the game.
Dein
Dein
Chuunin
Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddiemeister Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:07 am

Ye, more strategy as Dein said, but.. If one realistic system is implented, more has to join it. One realistic system won't make the whole game.

What I'm trying to say: If, let's say, the injury system is implented and the fights only last for some seconds, it's kinda useless.
Eddiemeister
Eddiemeister
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  shaunohbi Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:18 pm

It's a good idea. Though its too complicated of a system and complicated to program too.
Did you ever play GOA alu?
shaunohbi
shaunohbi
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Byakuya-Kun Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:19 pm

shaunohbi wrote:It's a good idea. Though its too complicated of a system and complicated to program too.

Naw,we can wait a couple more weeks,just make it different ,xD . Take your time
Byakuya-Kun
Byakuya-Kun
Chuunin
Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alucard Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:57 pm

Eddiemeister wrote:1st: I like it. Realistic is always nice.

2nd: Might be too complicated. The game would have to recognize the hits which probably would cause LOTS of work.

3rd: Never stop creating fancy threads. Great grammar, different text-style; awesome.

Edit: Also, if a blow to the leg would decrease your speed 75% damage to your arm wouldn't, cus you can run fast armless. Although, it would ruin your balance. Putting in a ruined balance system would also be awesome. And if we're gonna be pecky, tell me, what would a katana through the spine mean Very Happy ?

Glad to see you back. You were inactive for quite a while.
2. True; Can't argue with that. Recognising & analysing a damage effect for several parts of the body is indeed tough. But as you said, realism is amazing Very Happy.
& it doesn't hurt to suggest, who knows. Anything can be taken into consideration Razz.

3. Haha. Much appreciated! Very Happy

4. Balancing system would be superb. Re-quote ^
"Realism FTW!"
& lol about the Katana to spine, I guess it wouldn't damage at all ;D
Don't think they're going to take inner organs into consideration. Legs, arms & head are the most important in my opinion Very Happy.
Dein wrote:It will mean that missions and wars will be better as their will be plans, instead of just mindless killing, as you have to consider what will happen after the battle, and if you will have enough power left to fight another battle should you be faced with one. And of course, it adds more realism to the game.
Nicely said.
Totally agreed :3
Eddiemeister wrote:Ye, more strategy as Dein said, but.. If one realistic system is implented, more has to join it. One realistic system won't make the whole game.

What I'm trying to say: If, let's say, the injury system is implented and the fights only last for some seconds, it's kinda useless.
True.
Well, suggestion section is open for more realism idea's! Very Happy
shaunohbi wrote:It's a good idea. Though its too complicated of a system and complicated to program too.
Much appreciated Very Happy agreed though, can't deny that :L
If all mentioned is difficult to do, can regenerating while hiding & not in combat at least be implemented?
& the stamina regeneration slow during low health?

-
GOA? Nope. I still think you have mistaken me for somebody else Razz.

Alucard
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  kimphoe Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:00 pm

Really guys, if you want realism just go outside or play a sports game.

If we were to add alot of realism we could just take out all the jutsus, maybe not even release the game. Unrealistic is the way to go since it's an unrealistic setting. That's my opinion at least.
kimphoe
kimphoe
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Alucard Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:42 pm

kimphoe wrote:Really guys, if you want realism just go outside or play a sports game.

If we were to add alot of realism we could just take out all the jutsus, maybe not even release the game. Unrealistic is the way to go since it's an unrealistic setting. That's my opinion at least.
I swear to God, if I would be able to go out jumping from tree to tree & performing jutsu's on the cost of getting tired (stamina loss) I so would.

Geez Kimmy, implementing some realistic system(s) won't disallow the players from jumping from tree to tree or disallow us from using Jutsu's..... ._.
All what you said wasn't even mentioned in my suggestion. My suggestion just has to do with fraction of the battle system.
First of all; Stamina decreasing during activities is already there. All I added is if at low health, stamina regeneration would be slower. Forget the other suggestion about effects on different parts because I don't think Shaun will do it due to its complexity.

But does it really make a huge difference that you can't call this a Naruto-based game any more?

Re-quote from Dein & Myself;
Dein wrote:It will mean that missions and wars will be better as their will be plans, instead of just mindless killing.
Alucard wrote:
Just mashing buttons to kill your enemy is bland.
Not being rude or anything here, I suggest anybody who dislikes simple things like this can go play any fighting game, since all it requires is mashing buttons to kill your enemy.

Oh, & it doesn't hurt to give such a suggestion. They're only just in Alpha. They might take any idea into consideration & try it.
Perhaps it turns out good, vice versa.
Programmers might not like it, vice versa. Players might not like it, vice versa.

Doesn't hurt to try.

Alucard
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Toppcom Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:57 pm

Well. usually we don't see it to the extent of complete stamina loss... beacuse in animes, the good guy is about to loose, and then he/she uses uber attacs, and the dude that didn't take one hit before that is KOed out Razz so we never really get to see if they loose speed really Razz
Toppcom
Toppcom
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alucard Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:04 pm

Toppcom wrote:Well. usually we don't see it to the extent of complete stamina loss... beacuse in animes, the good guy is about to loose, and then he/she uses uber attacs, and the dude that didn't take one hit before that is KOed out Razz so we never really get to see if they loose speed really Razz
Actually, we do see.
Doesn't the hero always fight equally to the opponent at first? Then gets beaten? Then defeats the enemy?
The second stage were he gets beaten indicates his fatigue.
Where they usually start taking deep breathes & are unable to keep up with their opponent? Yeah....

Alucard
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Toppcom Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:06 pm

or the second phase: the opponent stops playing with the hero... God i now understand how fucking oneformed fights really are...
Toppcom
Toppcom
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alucard Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:13 pm

Stops playing with him which makes the hero pissed off, making him 'uber attack' the enemy & win the match Very Happy. All happening because of the second phase.

Although lol yes, they're so damn repetitive Razz.
Thus, time for change :3

Alucard
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  bitspirit Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:32 pm

They are not the same in all anime's really sometimes the hero dies then gets reborn then beats the bad guy or the hero almost dies and his friends who were previously beaten up get all strong n healthy again and beat the shit out of the bad guy or the good guy never even gets tired and just blows away the bad guy or the hero gets beaten up and his friends jump to protect him then they die and the hero gets all angry and kills the bad guy or the bad guy beats the hero and just leaves him almost dead after some time the hero survives in some strange way and goes after the bad guy then at some point finds him and kills him or the hero dies end of story but thats rare
bitspirit
bitspirit
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Toppcom Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:35 pm

Just don't make it like runescape!

And that reminds me alu not shure why tho... Didn't we make a deal about owning ZabuzaSoul back at NR? is that deal still on? O.o

@bit: PUNCTUATION PLEASE!!!!!
Toppcom
Toppcom
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alucard Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:35 pm

bitspirit wrote:They are not the same in all anime's really sometimes the hero dies then gets reborn then beats the bad guy or the hero almost dies and his friends who were previously beaten up get all strong n healthy again and beat the shit out of the bad guy or the good guy never even gets tired and just blows away the bad guy or the hero gets beaten up and his friends jump to protect him then they die and the hero gets all angry and kills the bad guy or the bad guy beats the hero and just leaves him almost dead after some time the hero survives in some strange way and goes after the bad guy then at some point finds him and kills him or the hero dies end of story but thats rare
Precisely.
Toppcom wrote:Just don't make it like runescape!

And that reminds me alu not shure why tho... Didn't we make a deal about owning ZabuzaSoul back at NR? is that deal still on? O.o

@bit: PUNCTUATION PLEASE!!!!!
Runescape:- Point & click. Gayest way to make a Naruto game, ever.

& we did? ._. Doesn't really ring a bell.

Alucard
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum